Published by ADMIN on 15 January 2018
The Diaper Drive is another Yadul Ansaar initiative that began in 2013. The programme is successfully running at present and hopes to continue well into the future. Diapers are purchased by the community and delivered to Al Ansaar Foundation from which they are distributed to old age homes, orphanages and underprivileged people countrywide.
We provide diapers to those in need . Our diapers come from donations, diaper drives, and funds that are donated. We try to get the most diapers for every rand donated by networking with wholesalers and looking for great deals.
Donating to our Diaper Drive allows you to do great work for mothers, children, families, disaster victims, and homebound elderly.
Diaper Need is real. Diapers are expensive, Disposable diapers cost hundreds of rands per month per baby
Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers;
Infants can require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.
Some disabled babies never out grow their need for diapers: many will need them for a lifetime;
- Many disabled children and adults need diapers for school or work;
- The cost of diapers can devastate families living at the poverty level.
- Of adults over 65, 15-20% have some degree of incontinence;
- Many healthy seniors stay home if they can’t afford incontinent supplies. Depression and the need for social programs like meals on wheels are increased;
Abuse is found more often in homes caring for the elderly with incontinence;
- Incontinence is one of the most common reasons for the elderly to be placed in nursing homes;
- Many elderly cannot afford to pay the added expense of diapers.
ACCOUNT NAME: AL ANSAAR ISLAMIC SOCIETY
BRANCH: COASTAL & INLAND BUSINESS UNIT
BRANCH CODE: 164826
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1126 872 814
REFERENCE: DIAPER DRIVE
Yadal Ansaar Diaper Drive, an initiative of Radio Al Ansaar